Journal of Neuroscience and Mental Health is an academic journal published domestically and internationally in the field of neurology, psychiatry and mental health. In 2006, the journal was included by Institute of Scientific and Technical Information of China as the core source journal for Chinese scientific and technical papers and citations. Our journal adheres to the Party's publishing and health work principles, follows the discipline development rules and adapts to the market demand rules, takes improving the quality of journal articles and expanding social benefits as our mission, timely reflects the major progress of scientific research, and better promotes academic exchanges at home and abroad. The journal covers leading teaching, scientific research and clinical experience in related disciplines in the columns such as Forum, Review, Original articles, Academic communication, Case report, Summary, Teaching research, Nursing research,etc.
I. Requirements for Manuscripts
1. Manuscripts should be scientific, authentic, practical, focused, concise, structured and reliable. Original articles and reviews generally do not exceed 8000 words (including charts, abstracts and references). The number of manuscripts in other columns can be determined according to the specific situation. Contributors are required to log on the website and submitted manuscripts in the form of Word using the online submission system. Paper submissions are not accepted. The title of the article strives to be concise and eye-catching, reflecting the theme of the article. Chinese titles are generally within 15 Chinese characters. The Chinese and English names of the topics involved in the paper should be footnoted at the bottom left of the title, such as "Fund Program: Name of the Fund Subsidized Project (Fund Number)", along with the manuscript, the fund certificate scanning document should be attached.
(1) Author Information: When submitting a manuscript, the author's signature and order should be determined, the juxtaposition order should be cancelled, and no further changes should be allowed in the process of editing. Each author's department or teaching and research office and postal code should be listed in both Chinese and English. Each paper should identify a corresponding author who is fully responsible for the paper. When submitting an article, the first author would be the corresponding author by default if there is no special note. A collectively signed article must identify the key person (the correspondent author)responsible for the article, and other contributors to the study should be included in the acknowledgements section. If there is a foreign author among the authors, his or her consent should be obtained as well as a letter of proof.
(2) Conflict of interest: When submitting a contribution, it is necessary to indicate whether all the authors of the article have conflicts of interest. If so, please specify the specific content of the conflict of interest. If not, please mark "all the authors of the article agree that there is no conflict of interest in the article", for the articles with no markings, we will take them as no conflicts of interest.
(3) Author's contribution statement: please refer to the perspectives of "Conception and Design, Research Preparation, Data Analysis, Data Interpretation, Paper Writing, Paper Revision, Data Collection, Data Collation, Providing Cases, Providing Analysis Tools, Obtaining Financial Aid, Document Research and Collation, Building Models, Drawing Charts" etc. Write according to the actual situation. For example: the experiment is designed by Wang XX, and Zhao XX, the paper is written by Li XX, and the paper is revised by Zhang XX.
All articles except case reports should be accompanied by abstracts in Chinese and English. For treatises, structured abstracts should be used, which should include four parts: objective, method, result and conclusion. Indicative abstracts are optional for articles of review type. They are all written in the third person, without illustrations, tables, references, comments and explanations. The English abstract should include title, author's name (Chinese Pinyin ), unit's name (subject to official translation), city's name, postal code and country's name. All authors' names and their work units should be listed. English abstracts generally correspond to Chinese abstracts, but in order to meet the needs of foreign exchanges, they can be a little more detailed.
4. Key words: Please try to use the words or phrases in the latest edition of Index Medicus (MeSH) edited by the United States National Library of Medicine, generally 2-5 word or phrases. If there are no corresponding words in the latest edition of MeSH, the free words can be used and arranged at the end when necessary. The key words of Traditional Chinese Medicine should be selected from the Thesaurus of TCM compiled by the Institute of TCM Information, Chinese Academy of Traditional Chinese Medicine. Abbreviations in keywords should be reduced to full names according to the Annotation List of Medical Thesaurus; the first word of each English keyword should be capitalized, and the words should be separated by ";".
5. Statistical methods
(1) Statistical symbols: According to the relevant provisions of GB 3358-1982 "Statistical Nouns and Symbols", statistical symbols are typeset in italics. Commonly used: ① the arithmetic mean of the sample is lowercase "
x" in English (the median is still in M);② the standard deviation is lowercase "s" in English;③ the t test is lowercase "t" in English; ④ the F test is capitalized "F" in English; ⑤ the chi-square test is lowercase in English χ 2; ⑥the correlation coefficient is lowercase "r" in English ; ⑦the degree of freedom is lowercase "v" in Greek; ⑧the probability is capitalized P in English (before P value, specific test value should be given. For example, t value, χ 2, Q value, etc).
(2) Research Design: The name and main methods of research design should be informed. For example, study design (divided into prospective, retrospective or cross-sectional study), experimental design (should inform specific design types, such as self-pairing design, group design, cross-sectional design, factorial design, orthogonal design, etc.), clinical trial design (should inform which phase of clinical trial, which blind method measures should be adopted), the main approach should focus on four basic principles (repetitive, randomized, controlled, balanced) outline, especially how to control the interference and influence of important non-experimental factors.
(3) Expressions and Descriptions of Data: Quantitative data with approximate normal distribution are expressed by (x±s), and quantitative data with skewed distribution are expressed by M (P25, P75). When using statistical tables, the vertical and horizontal headings should be arranged reasonably and the meaning of the data should be clearly stated. When using statistical graphs, the types of statistical graphs used should match the nature of the data and the scaling method of scaling values on the axes should conform to mathematics. When using relative number, the denominator should not be less than 20. We should pay attention to distinguishing percentages from percents.
(4) Selection of statistical analysis methods: For quantitative data, appropriate statistical analysis methods should be selected according to the design type, the conditions of data and the purpose of analysis, not blindly applying t test and single factor analysis of variance; for qualitative data, appropriate statistics should be selected according to the design type, the nature and frequency of qualitative variables and the analysis purpose. The χ 2 test should not be blindly applied to the methods of scientific analysis. Regression analysis should be combined with professional knowledge and scatter chart, select suitable regression types, and should not blindly apply linear regression analysis; for regression analysis data with repeated experimental data, it should not be simplified; for multi-factor and multi-index data, it is necessary to use multivariate statistical analysis method as far as possible on the basis of univariate analysis in order to interact among factors. Make a comprehensive and reasonable explanation and evaluation with the internal relationship between multiple indicators.
(5) Explanation and expression of statistical results: When P < 0.05 (or P < 0.01), it should be said that the difference between the groups has statistical significance; the specific names of statistical analysis methods used (e.g. t test of group design data, variance analysis of two-factor factorial design data, Q test of two-way comparison between multiple mean, etc.) should be specified (e.g. t=3.45, . χ 2 = 4.68, F = 6.79, etc.). When P value is expressed by inequality, three expressions, P > 0.05, P < 0.05 and P < 0.01, are usually chosen to meet the needs. When the total parameters (such as the total mean, the overall rate, etc.) are involved, the 95% confidence interval is given while the significance test results are given.
6. Medical Terms: medical terms published by the National Committee for the Examination and Approval of Scientific and Technological Terms should be used. Subject terms in the latest edition of Medical Thesaurus (MeSH), Annotation List of Medical Thesaurus, and Thesaurus of Traditional Chinese Medicine can be selected as subject terms that have not been approved. For nouns without generic translations, the original words should be listed when they first appear in the text. The names of Chinese and Western medicines shall be used according to the latest edition of the Pharmacopoeia of the People's Republic of China and the General Names of Chinese Pharmaceuticals (both prepared by the Committee of the Chinese Pharmacopoeia). International generic drug names are used for English drug names. Commodity names should not be used in the titles and body of traditional Chinese medicine. Common names should be given first when they are really needed. Symptoms, medication name, experiment, and syndromes which are named with a foreign name, the name can be translated into Chinese without “Shi”, (except names with single characters, such as F's bacillus), or into a foreign language, but without the “s” after the person's name.
7. Charts: Charts are continuously coded in the order in which they appear in the text. Each chart is titled with a graph (table). Explanatory information should be placed in the annotations below the figure (table) and all abbreviations that are not commonly used in the chart should be indicated in the annotations. This journal adopts a three-horizontal table (top line, headline and bottom line); the subjects and verbs can not be inverted, so that each column of data in the table has the same unit and the same number of valid digits. Good clarity and contrast is required for photographs. Symbols to be marked (including arrows) should be marked on a separate sheet. Do not write them directly on the photos. Labels should be attached on the back of each drawing, indicating the number of the drawing and the direction of the drawing. Pictures should not be damaged. If you publish a portrait, you should obtain your written consent or cover up the part of the portrait that can be identified as who it is. The photographs of gross specimens should have scale markers in the maps. Pathological photographs require staining and magnification. If any other publisher is cited in the chart, the source should be indicated.
一 The book "Application of Legal Measurement Units in Medicine" edited by the Journal of the Chinese Medical Association in 1991
一Numbers: Implementation of GB/T15835-1995 “Regulations on the Use of Numbers in Publications”.
1. Abbreviations: Use as little as possible in the text. The full name of the abbreviation must be described at the beginning of its first appearance, then the Chinese abbreviation or English abbreviation and its abbreviation should be marked in parentheses, and the latter two should be used separately by “,” (if the abbreviation is known, the full name of the abbreviation may not be noted in English). Some well-known abbreviations such as CT, CNS, WBC, RBC, PCR, MRI, EEG, ECG, CSF, HE, ELISA, PBS and other buffer names and pathological staining methods need not be given full names.
2. References: (1) Description format basically implements GB/T 7714-2005 "Post-Text Reference Description Rules". It is recorded by sequential coding. Arabic numerals are continuously coded according to the sequence of documents appearing in the text. The serial numbers are placed in square brackets and arranged after the text. Avoid citing abstracts as references. The author of the same document does not exceed 3 persons, and only the first 3 authors will be recorded in case of more than 3 authors, and then add the words expressing "etc" according to the language. The author's name is always in front of his or her first name, followed by his or her first name. Foreigners' names are abbreviated by initials without any abbreviation points. Different authors' names are separated by','. For document type mark, document type and electronic document carrier code mark after title, refer to GB 3469 "Document Type and Document Carrier Code". The names of foreign periodicals shall be abbreviated in the format of Index Medicus and Chinese periodicals in their full names. Each reference must be recorded at the end of the page.
(2) Bilingual bibliography in Chinese and English: If the reference is Chinese but there are English citations in the original text, bilingual bibliography in both English and Chinese is required . When bilingual bibliography of references is used, the original language of information resources is used first, and then other languages are used. The English translation of the author's name is in the form of Chinese phonetic alphabet. The author's name is spelled in full, initials capitalized, according to syllable initials. The English abbreviations of the titles of Chinese journals are used, the Chinese phonetic names are not used, and the full names of English journals should be used if the journal had no standard English abbreviations for its name.
(3) The DOI serial number of each reference should be listed: for Chinese references it can be searched on ChinaDOI website (http://www.chinadoi.cn), Wanfangdata knowledge service platform (http://www.wanfangdata.com.cn), CNKI (http://www.cnki.net); for foreign language references it can be searched on Refss (http://www.crossref.org/guesty/), DOI retrieval website (http://dx.doi.org), or the website: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/ ,etc.
［1］徐莉丝，刘果，夏静，等 .反思功能问卷-8中文版的修订及信效度研究［J］.神经疾病与精神卫生，2017，17（1）：14-17. DOI：10.3969/j.issn.1009-6574.2017.01.004.
Xu LS，Liu G，Xia J，et al.Reliability and validity of Chinese Version of Reflective Functioning Questionary-8［J］. Journal of Neuroscience and Mental Health，2017， 17（1）：14-17.
［2］M üller M. Nursing competence： psychometric evaluation using Rasch modeling ［J］. J Adv Nurs，2013，69（6）：1410-1417. DOI： 10.1111/jan.12009.
［3］Abood S. Quality improvement initative in nursing homes：the ANA acts in an advisory role［J/OL］. Am J Nurs，2002，102（6）：23［2002-08-12］. http：//www.nursingworld. org/AJN/2002/june/Wanatch.htm.
［4］ 黄家驷 .外科学［M］.4版 .北京：人民卫生出版社，1979：241-275.
II. Editorial Process
This journal has a three-review system based on peer review. At the time of submission, the author should inform the potential conflicts of interest related to the study. In the process of reviewing manuscripts, the author's right to privacy is protected. The author has the right to apply for reconsideration and to give a written explanation of the complaint when he has different opinions on the handling of the manuscript.
According to the “Copyright Law of the People's Republic of China”, manuscripts are still under review if no notification of manuscript processing has been received within three months after submission. If the author wishes to submit to other journals, he or she must contact the editorial department first, otherwise he or she will be regarded as submitting one manuscript for more than one journals and got rejection. The author is responsible for the authenticity and scientificity of the manuscript. In accordance with the relevant provisions of the “Copyright Law of the People's Republic of China”, the editors may modify or delete the manuscripts. Any modification involving the change or original intention is reminded to the author for consideration. If the revised manuscript is overdue for one month and has not been sent back, it shall be regarded as an automatic withdrawal of the manuscript.
For manuscripts under reviewing for publication, please process them according to the requirements of the employment notice of this publication. The author's signature and ranking in the "Agreement on Copyright Transfer of Articles sponsored by the Chinese Medical Doctor Association and co-operation Magazines" must be consistent with the initial submission. It is forbidden to add or subtract authors or change the author's ranking. Otherwise, the manuscript will be withdrawn.
After publication, the articles will be withdrawn should the following problems happened: (1) It has been proved that there are serious untrustworthiness, academic misconduct (including fabrication and tampering with data) or non-subjective errors in the paper, so that the findings and results reported in the paper are not credible. (2) There is plagiarism in the paper. (3) The research reported in this paper violates medical ethics. (4) Repeated publication. (5) Other.
All manuscripts employed in this journal are also published on CD-ROM and on-line.
III. Contact Us
Address: No. 2-1-7-302 East Alley Xiangluying Outside Xuanwumen Street, Bijing 100052, China